BREATHLESS II



Marjorie sat still. Lost in thought.
 Heart pierced with tears spilling down her gorgeous face.
How could she have been so stupid? She should have known.  She could have read between the lines.
Instead, she was so smitten she didn't allow herself to think straight.
How could he? She trusted him.
 As much as she wanted to, she couldn’t stop weeping. She was too heartbroken.
She just couldn’t think straight.
 Just then, Emily walked in. “Marjorie, what happened?” she was stunned to see the place in such a mess. Tissues all over. “Marjorie, talk to me!”  She tried but couldn’t utter a word.
All she could do was to look up at her friend. Emily shuddered when she saw raw pain and hurt in the light brown pupils of her friend as she looked into her eyes.
She began to tear too as she reached out to her friend and hugged her. They wept on each other's shoulder.
 In between her sobs, Marjorie tried to speak but she couldn’t. She only gasped for air.
She was finding it difficult to breathe, so broken in mind and spirit.
After crying her heart out, Marjorie cooled down and Emily took her upstairs to nap while she came down to clear the mess up.
She wondered to herself,” why is my friend suffering from heartbreak when I’ve finally decided to give love a chance”? “I have to be very careful”. “This could happen to me”.
 “What if Adrian is not for real?” “Hmmmmmm…..Men”! The chime from her phone cut through her thoughts. It was Adrian.
” Chéri, how I miss you so”, she said amidst smiles as she answered the phone. “I miss you too Hun”.  “When am I seeing you and how is Marjorie doing?”
“You could pass by; I’ll sleep in with her today”. “She’s not in good shape to be left alone so I’ll be here to cheer her up”.
 “You could drop by with a pack of pizza”. “I’ll really love that”. “Sure Em, anything for you”. “I love you” he says just before he hangs up.
 Emily smiled to herself. She was totally in love and just couldn’t stop thinking about him. With this thought, she sailed to slumber land.

 TO BE CONTINUED...........................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HIGHWAY ROBBERY